iFathom has been providing custom application design and development work, system integration, and quality IT Professional Services to government and private sector clients for more than 15 years. iFathom holds a number of Supply Arrangements and Standing Offers with various government departments for IT Professional Services in different categories. These represent our clients' projected and ongoing specific IT Professional Services requirements. Our Client has identified Application/Software Architect as one of these categories. Qualified candidates who apply for this position will be contacted when contracts for this position come up, as and when required by our client. CVs will be kept in our database for this purpose for six months.
Minimum education of two (2) years Secondary School or equivalent.
Specialties could include but are not limited to:
- Cold Fusion
- IBM DB2
- MS Access
- MS SQL
- Oracle CASE
- Oracle Financials
- Rational Rose
- SQL Server
- Unisys DBll
- Visual Basic
- Visual C++
Responsibilities could include but are not limited to:
- Develop technical architectures, frameworks and strategies, either for an organization or for major application requirements.
- Identify the policies and requirements that drive out a particular solution.
- Analyze and evaluate alternative technology solutions to meet business problems.
- Ensure the integration of all aspects of technology solutions.
- Monitor industry trends to ensure that solutions fit with government and industry directions for technology.
- Analyze functional requirements to identify information, procedures and decision flows.
- Evaluate existing procedures and methods, identify and document database content, structure, and application sub-systems, and develop the data dictionary.
- Define and document interfaces of manual to automated operations within application sub-systems, to external systems and between new and existing systems.
- Define input/output sources, including a detailed plan for the technical design phase, and obtain approval of the system proposal.
- Identify and document system specific standards relating to programming, documentation and testing, covering program libraries, data dictionaries, naming conventions, etc.