Candidates must, generally, have at minimum a Reliability Status Security Clearance from CIISD.
BPR Levels of Experience
Level 1: <5 years of experience as a Business Process Re-engineering (BPR) Consultant
Level 2: 5 to <10 years of experience as a Business Process Re-engineering (BPR) Consultant
Level 3: 10+ years of experience as a Business Process Re-engineering (BPR) Consultant
Education and certification requirements vary with individual requirements. Commonly, education requirements include a bachelor of computer science or equivalent including IT-related diploma or commensurate experience.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Review existing work processes and organization structure.
- Analyze business functional requirements to identify information, procedures and decision flows.
- Identify candidate processes for re-design; prototype potential solutions, provide trade-off information, and suggest a recommended course of action.
- Identify the modifications to the automated processes.
- Provide expert advice in defining new requirements and opportunities for applying efficient and effective solutions; identify and provide preliminary costs of potential options.
- Provide expert advice in developing and integrating process and information models between processes to eliminate information, process and redundancies.
- Identify and recommend new processes and organizational structures.
- Provide expert advice on and/or assist in implementing new processes and organizational changes.
- Document workflows.
- Use business, workflow and organizational modeling software tools.