iFathom has been providing custom application design and development work, system integration, and quality IT Professional Services to government and private sector clients since 1995. iFathom holds a number of Supply Arrangements and Standing Offers with various government departments for IT Professional services in different categories. These represent our clients' projected and ongoing specific IT Professional Services requirements. Our Client has identified Java Developer as one of these categories. Qualified candidates who apply for this position will be contacted when contracts for this position come up, as and when required by our client. CVs will be kept in our database for this purpose for six months.
The requirements include, but are not necessarily limited to experience with the following:
- Programming with Java;
- Performing Object Oriented Design and Analysis and UML;
- J2EE, JSP, Servlets, Struts, EJB;
- Websphere, WebLogic, Novell exteNd or open source counterparts such as JBoss;
- Hibernate, Ant;
- Oracle DB - 9i, 10g, PL/SQL, SQL;
- Web services, service-oriented architectures;
- Revision and version control software;
- Certifications in JAVA/J2EE are an asset.
- Post secondary education in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent
Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Work with business analysts/project managers to design and develop web application user interfaces, develop custom reports, produce web services, and design and implement databases for applications;
- Produce accurate estimates, work with BA's and project managers to drive out requirements, and implement an elegant solution to the task at hand;
- Document design, functional, and technical specifications;