iFathom has been providing custom application design and development work, system integration, and quality IT Professional Services to government and private sector clients for more than 15 years. iFathomholds a number of Supply Arrangements (SA) and Standing Offers (SO) with various government departments for IT Professional Services in different categories, as well as some government wide SAs and SOs. These represent our clients' projected and ongoing specific IT Professional Services requirements. Our clients have identified Programmer / Analyst as one of these categories. Qualified candidates who apply for this position will be contacted when contracts for this position come up, as and when required by our client. CVs will be kept in our database for this purpose for six months.
Programmer / Analyst Levels of Experience
Level 1: <5 years of experience as a Programmer Analyst
Level 2: 5 to <10 years of experience as a Programmer Analyst
Level 3: 10+ years of experience as a Programmer Analyst
Specialties could include but are not limited to:
- Cold Fusion
- MS Access
- MS SQL
- SQL Server
- SQL *DBA
- SQL *Forms
- SQL *Menu
- SQL *Net
- SQL *Plus
- SQL *Report
Education and certification requirements vary with individual requirements. Commonly, education requirements include a bachelor of computer science or equivalent including IT-related diploma or commensurate experience.
Certifications commonly required include Microsoft .NET, Java / J2EE, and Oracle (OCP).
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Create and modify code and software;
- Create and modify screens and reports;
- Gather and analyze data for the conduct of studies to establish the technical and economic feasibility of proposed computer systems, and for the development of functional and system design specifications;
- Design methods and procedures for small computer systems, and sub-systems of larger systems;
- Develop, test and implement small computer systems, and sub-systems of larger systems; and
- Produce forms, manuals, programs, data files, and procedures for systems and/or applications.