iFathom has been providing custom application design and development work, system integration, and quality IT Professional Services to government and private sector clients for more than 15 years. iFathomholds a number of Supply Arrangements (SA) and Standing Offers (SO) with various government departments for IT Professional Services in different categories, as well as some government wide SAs and SOs. These represent our clients' projected and ongoing specific IT Professional Services requirements. Our clients have identified Programmer / Software Developer as one of these categories. Qualified candidates who apply for this position will be contacted when contracts for this position come up, as and when required by our client. CVs will be kept in our database for this purpose for six months.
Programmer/Software Developer Experience Levels
Level 1: <5 years of experience as a Programmer/Software Developer
Level 2: 5 to <10 years of experience as a Programmer/Software Developer
Level 3: 10+ years of experience as a Programmer/Software Developer
Specialties could include but are not limited to:
- Cold Fusion
- Crystal Reports
- IBM DB2
- MS Access
- MS SQL
- Oracle CASE
- Oracle Financials
- Rational Rose
- SQL Server
- Unisys DBII
- Visual Basic
- Visual C++
Certifications required often include J2EE and Java certifications, and Microsoft and .NET certifications.
Responsibilities could include but are not limited to:
- Develop and prepare diagrammatic plans for solution of business, scientific and technical problems by means of computer systems of significant size and complexity.
- Analyze the problems outlined by the systems analysts/designers in terms of such factors as style and extent of information to be transferred to and from storage units, variety of items to be processed, extent of sorting, and format of final printed results.
- Select and incorporate available software programs.
- Design detailed programs, flow charts, and diagrams indicating mathematical computation and sequence of machine operations necessary to copy and process data and print the results.
- Translate detailed flow charts into coded machine instructions and confer with technical personnel in planning programs.
- Verify accuracy and completeness of programs by preparing sample data, and testing them by means of system acceptance test runs made by operating personnel.
- Correct program errors by revising instructions or altering the sequence of operations.
- Test instructions, and assemble specifications, flow charts, diagrams, layouts, programming and operating instructions to document applications for later modification or reference.