iFathom has been providing custom application design and development work, system integration, and quality IT Professional Services to government and private sector clients for more than 15 years. iFathomholds a number of Supply Arrangements and Standing Offers with various government departments for IT Professional Services in different categories. These represent our clients' projected and ongoing specific IT Professional Services requirements. Our Client has identified Security Specialist as one of these categories. Qualified candidates who apply for this position will be contacted when contracts for this position come up, as and when required by our client. CVs will be kept in our database for this purpose for six months.
Level 1: <5 years of experience
Level 2: 5<10 years of experience
Level 3: 10+ years of experience
Minimum education of two (2) years Secondary School or equivalent.
Responsibilities could include but are not limited to:
- Developing IT security policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures;
- Reviewing existing security policies, standards, guidelines and procedures and providing advice as to their appropriateness and effectiveness;
- Conducting compliance audits of IT operations, application systems and infrastructure;
- Conducting security threat and risk assessments of IT facilities, application systems and communications;
- Conducting reviews of backup and recovery plans;
- Investigating security incidents and reporting cause and related weaknesses and recommending remedies; and
- Designing the security framework and implementing the security components of the IT infrastructure.