iFathom has been providing custom application design and development work, system integration, and quality IT Professional Services to government and private sector clients for more than 15 years. iFathomholds a number of Supply Arrangements (SA) and Standing Offers (SO) with various government departments for IT Professional Services in different categories, as well as some government wide SAs and SOs. These represent our clients' projected and ongoing specific IT Professional Services requirements. Our clients have identified Technical Architect as one of these categories. Qualified candidates who apply for this position will be contacted when contracts for this position come up, as and when required by our client. CVs will be kept in our database for this purpose for six months.
Technical Architect Levels of Experience
Level 1: <5 years of experience as a Technical Architect
Level 2: 5 to <10 years of experience as a Technical Architect
Level 3: 10+ years of experience as a Technical Architect
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Develop technical architectures, frameworks and strategies, either for an organization, or for a major application area to meet the business and application requirements.
- Identify policies and requirements that drive out a particular solution.
- Analyze and evaluate alternative technology solutions to meet business problems.
- Ensure the integration of all aspects of technology solutions.
- Evaluate hardware and software relative to their ability to support specified requirements, and by determining potential and actual bottlenecks to improve system performance through recommended hardware changes.
- Review computer software systems and data requirements as well as communication and response needs, and determine operating systems and languages needed to support them.